If you are used to doing everything in the Windows client (and I know there are still a lot of people to do so) you were not taking into consideration how the tiles on the lists look like in the web client. Me either – until I checked how ugly it is when you do not do anything with it.
This is the start of a series of posts about managing AL development with Git. I don’t profess to be a Git expert and much of what I write about will not exclusively apply to Business Central development. This is a collection of approaches I’ve found to be useful when it comes to managing our source code. Take what you will, discard the rest, vociferously argue with me if you feel strongly enough about it.
Performance wise it can be very interesting to use query objects as a data-source in a report (or any other object).
Imagine you want to create a report that shows the top X records from a table, let’s say for example Customers, then creating a report dataset with a top-x filtering can be very cumbersome.
Azure DevOps is a very handy tool to manage project tasks, milestones, bugs, and documentation.
But it is not just limited to that, it can also be used to manage all your deployments and building pipelines to manage your deployments.
Lets take a look how to do this and how we can setup our repository to make auto deployments.
Microsoft in late January and early February published a series of pages on Microsoft Docs dedicated to performance with Business Central (On-premise, Cloud).
They are all very interesting, in particular, I want to report this page because it is very interesting for functional consultants (as in my case) more than for technicians; these are the things we repeat daily to our customers …and finally Microsoft has decided to formalize them.
Because I shared the source code, it was not hard to figure out that the navxdata file contained the secret value. What I really wanted to know was if there are ways to get values out of the navxdata file. And it turned out to be possible. Erik Hougaard was the first to crack that nut. It took only 10 minutes for him! Apparently, he knows some details about the navxdata file that are not so widely known in the community. A few other people also found the value by hex editing into the navxdata file. Well done!