A common problem I see some people struggle with in Power BI is when a slicer contains a (Blank) record for some reason. The cause of the problem is not obvious and hence it is not clear how to fix it. This article describes what causes this to occur and also how to fix it (properly, and also with a work around if you can’t fix it properly).
A while ago I came across this interesting time intelligence solution that doesn’t use DAX measures to do time intelligence but rather solves it through the model. The pattern was created by the great Greg Galloway from Artis Consulting and I am blogging this with his permission.
If you have been following me at all for the past months you will already know that at The Learning Network, we have been busy creating our first extensions. We have had our first extension in production since June and the grand total is now at eight, and several more in the works
Extensions make it easy and convenient to create customizations in Microsoft Dynamics Business Central without interfering with the way the base code operates or affecting future upgrades. This blog demonstrates how to use Extensions for adding fields to the Customer table, using the AL programming language.
Recurring Journal: to post regular transactions with minimal or no changes.
The following are some features, conditions or settings for recurring journal.
• Feature for allocating single entry to multiple general ledger accounts when posting based on quantity, fixed rate or allocation percentage
• Reversing journal can also be created using recurring journals such as accrual journals that are reversed in the following month
• Contains special fields for managing recurring entries
• Balancing field not available on journal line
• Journal lines remains after posting
• Not allow future date posting