Following on from the series of posts I wrote last month (starting here) about testing the performance of Power BI reports in the browser, I would now like to highlight one possible cause of slow report rendering performance: the over-use of custom visuals. Before we go any further, though, let me be absolutely clear about something:
Recently I attended an excellent session by Andy Kirk on the state of data visualization for 2019. One of the tools Andy is most excited about is called Charticulator. For those of you that haven’t heard about it, Charticulator is an open source project from Microsoft Research. Using a web UI you can design almost any charts by interactively specifying constraints (NO code).
Sometimes, just when you think you are getting the hang of the DAX language, something happens that completely baffles you. Such events can cause you to doubt your own learning and progress. But let me assure you – this happens to EVERYONE at sometime or another. In this article I am going to show you one such baffling situation, and then explain what is really happening.
In order to exercise in the new NAV Modern Development Environment I thought to implement a comparison of two sorting algorithms directly in Visual Studio Code AL Language: Insertion Sort and Merge Sort.
Most of the sorting examples over the internet are using arrays, but the issue with arrays is they have fixed length that needs to be declared upfront. Of course I didn’t like this even if it is just an example with educational purpose. Or someone maybe will use it also for a real situation, we’ll see.