Recently, on some of my ‘machines’ I get the following errors, when trying to publish an extension (F5):
The runtime version of the extension package is currently set to ‘2.0’.
The runtime version must be set to ‘1.0’ or earlier in the app.json file
in order to install the extension package on this platform.
Bron : Think about IT
Every developer has sometimes the issue: What is my next version number for the new object ? If there is a couple of developers working in the some database, you’ll need a kind of a version control. I’ve developed a page, which calculates the next version number for a defined version prefix.
Bron : Archer’s NAV Blog
Everyone who has ever created a .NET DLL for his NAV project will probably have run into different kind of issues concerning versioning.
◾Either unable to overwrite without stopping the Server Instance
◾Not having the right assembly loaded
◾Having to replace your assembly in code and losing your events
Bron : Magno’s Blog
Suppose you are walking down the street, a stranger quietly trades briefcases with you, and your new briefcase contains a Microsoft Dynamics NAV database inside of a SQL backup. The stranger slips off into the foggy night. This sort of thing happens to me all of the time, and then I am left with this database that I know nothing about. What version of NAV do I use to access it?
Bron : ArcherPoint
Finally, at Van Dijk, we started to get our NAV (Dynamics everyone here is calling it) installation upgraded to the latest version. So finally I can really get into things like PowerShell, and not in the least the merge utilities. One of first things I definitely wanted to get going with.
Bron : Van Vugt’s dynamiXs
Yesterday I posted a quick tip, which quickly got some comments about it being wrong. Since I know people who commented were unlikely to say something incorrect, I went to check on, because I myself experienced difficulties that made me write that post.
Bron : Vjeko.com
Control Add-ins written in C# are not cross-version compatible. You cannot use an assembly compiled for 2013 R2 with 2015 (or the opposite way around, or any other version combination for that matter) without recompiling it with correct extensibility framework assembly reference.
Bron : Vjeko.com