As I upgraded my Business Central AL Language Extension and VS Code, I noticed that I was no longer authenticated to deploy my app to Business Central Sandbox using (Ctrl + F5). So I noticed a process change in authenticating VS Code and Business Central and you will find the details below.
Recently, I came across this post by Jack Mallender. An interesting idea on how to efficiently find AL Objects among your files. It basically comes down to using regex in combination with the global search functionality in VSCode, like (yep, I’m stealing this from Jack’s post – sorry, Jack ;-)):
This week a partner asked me how to install a new language in Business Central from the 2019 Release Wave 2 (15), and that is actually a lot easier.
The answer is to make an extension with the desired language layer and then install the Extension.
So now – “let’s get started” with ..
Why would I rename all my AL-files?
Well – because of Microsoft and their new (upcoming) code analysis rule about file name conventions. You might already have complied with their previous conventions, and … they will change. Even better: they actually already changed .. Just read here:
There is a recent change that I had to introduce in the CRS AL Language Extension – you know, that tiny little VSCode Extension that quite a lot of you seem to be using ;-). +89000 downloads/+21500 installs – that’s crazy! It’s one of my biggest projects I ever did for the community :-).
My last blog about my VSCode extension dates from July 2018. I have been upgrading/maintaining it meanwhile, and I am definitely not going to blog about all new small features and fixes (yes, quite necessary as well ;-)) every single time, but for this one, I really felt that an update wouldn’t hurt.
Time for the next round of functionality I added in my VSCode Extension (the CRS AL Language Extension) – a functionality that manages your filenames (and pre/suffix). Hold your horses – this is going to be a long one ;-). You don’t want to know how many hours I spent on this functionality – many points of feedback from the community, and even some pullrequests from some (for all of which I’m very thankful!) has made it into the functionality it is today.